Sunday, 18 October 2015

Living In the Anointing

“As for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit – just as it has taught you, remain in Him.” 1 John 2:27 (NIV)
I had been in a desert for a long time. Prayer, which once had flowed so freely, had become an impossible task. Every gift in which I had once moved seemed to have become dead on the vine. God seemed to have gone off to attend to other things, leaving me to my own devices. With Him, He had taken all my joy, my hope, my faith. I was within a breath of simply walking away from everything.
Then I saw something that alerted me to the activity of the enemy of souls in a particular area. With enough faith to make a grain of mustard seed look like a mountain, I began to pray, and then to move from speaking to the Lord to addressing the enemy. And suddenly it was there. Suddenly what came out of my mouth was not just words, dispersing into the atmosphere the moment they left my lips. Suddenly there was the old familiar feeling of the oil of the Spirit pouring over my spirit, the familiar sharp edge as my words became a sword, the familiar sense of standing toe to toe with the enemy, staring him down, and watching him back off.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment